You may have to explain a little further. When you say get the
incorrect ones out - what do you mean.  In OOo speak references are
termed as bibliography stored in the bibliography database.

Have you inserted references into the text body which you now want to remove?
If you do, then remove the references from the body of the text, then
update the bibliography at the end of the document (right click, then
update...)

Do you mean you want to remove the entries from the bibliography database?
If so, select F4 which brings up the data source manager. Select
bibliography > tables >  biblio. You will be presented with a table
like structure listing the individual entries that are in the
bibliography database. You can delete rows from there.

I would suggest however removing them from the text body is easier.

I've assumed that you are using OOo1.X.X since it is a little
different in OOo2.X

Reply to the list if you have further info or problems.

Paul