> Dear sirs,
>
> Since a few weeks I am getting myself familiar with Open Office.org 2.0
> beta to see if I can changeover complete from MS office.
> Results so fat have been very positive so far.
>
> But a few "stupid" questions still have to be answered and I hope you
> can help me with that.
> 1) My Word program seems not to open Writer documents and Writer does
> not open all the word files (all made in the same way), is this because
> of the fact that it is a beta version?, or am I doing something wrong?

as alan already said, you have to save documents in .doc format to be able
to use them in word. word doesn't read .sxw format. you can even set OOo
to always save the files in .doc format, if you wish.

> 2) maybe the most important question:
> Prefered language is Dutch, when I download the language is asked for,
> the programme however stays in English.
> Is it possible to convert, or to download a full Dutch version yet?

you should check http://www.openoffice.org to see if there's a dutch
version of OOo ready. it should be called something like
OOo_1.1.4_Win32Intel_install_nl.zip (for Windows). this one should contain
a dutch interface and a spellchecker. if you got an english interface, you
must have downloaded the wrong version. OOo2.0 beta probably isn't
localized into dutch yet and is only available in english for the time
being.

urska