I saw these instructions for making a new template.  I'm not familiar with
when/how you do that rather than just opening OpenOffice. 1.1.4.  One thing I
don't like about OOo is the breaks between pages where some of the text I paste
from websites end up not being there, but, apparently, 'hiding' in the black
'trench' between pages.  Only way I can see any or part of what's there is to
make the font really tiny and then it all may get on the page I pasted onto.
Will making a template allow me to get rid of that feature?  I do believe that
some of my documents don't lose part of the text pasted, but others do.

Following the instructions below, If I tried experimenting with different
styles or view of the OOo 1.1.4 doc, and save it, will that affect all the
other docs I have created or will create in the future, or does it just apply
locally to the document I'm working in?

1.Open a new, empty document

2. Edit it until it makes a good template. For example, edit the Styles in the
Stylist.

              Thank you,

                  Joan