From: "Lulu Kenzig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 4:11 AM
Subject: [users] Open Office has totally wrecked my computer

Hopefully someone is able to help me with my query. I installed OpenOffice
and despite not clicking on the required section for it to take over all of
my existing programs, it has indeed done that and now I am unable to open
over 5 years worth of work - research, lectures, patient files, information
files for patients, etc. I wish to reverse the situation with hopefully no
damage to existing files. Each time I open a new file with either Lotus or
Word, it automatically saves with Open Office and then I am informed that
important information has been lost and may be recovered upon next starting
up my computer, which of course does not happen. Please help, as I have
uninstalled the program in the hope it would undo the damage - I am then
unable to access my work at all - and re-installation has made no difference
 I need to clear up this mess ASAP as my new Clinic is relocating over the
next 2 weeks and the last thing I need is to start from scratch, especially
when the website blurb looks so promising. Please advise what to do.
Lulu Kenzig