Just so I'm clear - did you unzip the files from the ZIP, or extract them to a directory on the hard drive?

oldgnome

Chris Clarke wrote:

Yes, I've unzipped it 1st, before attempting to run the setup.exe file

Steve Kopischke wrote:

Are you extracting the files from the ZIP before running SETUP.EXE or are you trying to run it from within the ZIP file?

oldgnome

clarkec321 wrote:

Hi,

Operating system Win XP
OpenOffice version 1.9.79

I've come across an installation problem, I've just downloaded the OOo_2.0beta_Win32Intel_install, (OO ver. 1.9.79 I think) and when I click on setup.exe, and go through several screens, (enter name, business, complete or custom install etc...)

I get an error message:
Source file not found "OOo_2.0beta_Win32Intel_install\openofficeorg1.cab"
this happens when the installation wizard is "Updating system components"

Please can someone point me in the right direction

Many thanks

Chris Clarke