From: CPHennessy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Donnerstag, 21. April 2005 23:50
To: users@openoffice.org; Pfeifer, Erwin
Subject: Re: [users] [moderated] Updates and securitiy patches

On Tuesday 19 April 2005 14:26, + Pfeifer, Erwin wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ********************
> I want to forward two questions our admins asked me recently, in  :
> a) Is there a strategy or a roadmap for updates and security patches
> for the future and how often will this occure?
Minor updates will probably happen every few months (this is what
happened for
both the 1.0.x series and the 1.1.x series ).
The official roadmap is at : http://development.openoffice.org/releases/

> b) The security patch of last friday can only be applied to the last
> version of OpenOffice.org (1.1.4). Is this a general policy of the
> OpenOffice Team, that only the latest version will be patched?
Yes, but since you can also get the code you can of course also compile
an upgrade yourself for previous versions.

> This is important to be able to do a real planning of the work. We
> have to admin about 6000 PCs and we recently started deploying
> OpenOffice.org 1.1.2, then last Friday the news of this security gap
> came in. So we stopped the rollout and are now creating a new package
> with the patched version of 1.1.4.
Wow, this is an impressive installation.

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ