Hi Paul,
When you set out to write that mega novel, I think that you'd want to use a master document anyway, so you don't have to have the whole thing loaded all at once. I would imagine then that the limit would be 65536 linked docs, each with 852000 pages. That would satisfy you, right?
tc

Paul wrote:

Little off topic, but with these constraints it seems that the longest
OOo writer document would be around 852,000 pages long ( 65536
characters = 13 pages * 65536 paragraphs - with a little rounding)...

Well there goes my idea of having a million page novel..... ;-)

Paul