kb wrote:
Paul wrote:

Have a look at : http://user-faq.openoffice.org/faq/ar01s06.html#id2874819

Paul

On 4/19/05, kb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

in Excel there is a solver that can be used to solve LP problems.
i quess that it uses the simplex method.

is there any equivalent solver in openoffice?

thanks, unfortunatly that was not what i was looking for.
i am looking for an equivalent of the Solver in Excel, not the Goal Seek.

The solver i am looking for (if it exists) should be able to calculate optimization problems, such as LP-problems. that means it must be able to handle more then one variable.

I have used a curve fit program but I don't think that is what you are looking for.

Here is the link.

http://oooconv.free.fr/fitoo/fitoo_en.html

Others may be interested.
--