G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 11:53 -0400, John W. Kennedy wrote:

Robin Laing wrote:

G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 11:08 +0200, Simon Ceh wrote:

Hello users/fans of OO!

With OO 2.0 Beta I encountered folowing error(s):

1.- When newly created document is saved for the first time in Microsoft Word 97/2000/xp (.doc) format I get I/O error (see attached binary).
The document is saved and can be opened.
All next savings are OK.

2.- If newly created document is saved for the first time in Microsoft Word 97/2000/xp (.doc) format, and error is reported, it is NOT POSSIBLE to save the same document neither with different name nor in different file format (i.e., .otd, .sdw, ...).

3.- If newly created document is saved for the first time in Open Document Text (.odt) format everithing works fine. Even saving under different name and/or file format (i.e., .doc) works as it should.

Do you encounter the same problem?
Is there already an errr log for that?
Any suggestions?

I wish you all a nice day,
Simon

Upgrade immediately. You have missed at least one Beta candidate release and there's a new one today. See http://download.openoffice.org/index.html

This is news.

When I installed the beta, which by the way I like, there was not mention of having to download and update at a later date. I don't mind doing that but it would be worth noting on the original OOo beta page. At least put the revision date of the file on the page. I have checked the page off and on but never saw any message about a newer version. Even today there is no message about a newer version.

I see that on the download link offered above, it stipulates that the latest snapshot obsoletes the 2.0 beta but it isn't on the main 2.0 beta download page.

Just my point of view.

+1

Since you seem to fell strongly about this, I suggest that you enter an
Request for Enhancement (RFE) or Issue into Issue
Tracker as this is the best way to have requests such as this evaluated.

If you haven't already registered, do the following:

1. To file an issue you must register with OOo by clicking the
Register link at the top right of www.openoffice.org, 2. Fill in your information
3. Reply to the confirmation email that will be sent to the address
you provided. 4. Once you have confirmed, go to www.openoffice.org again
5. And click on the "Bugs & Issues" link in the General links box.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is important that you file
any examples with the issue to ensure your need is understood.

I plan on doing it. Just didn't have time before responding. And I have now.

--
Robin Laing