That is what I was thinking.

<http://openoffice.peschtra.com/tips/ooott_writer.html#paragraph_length>

Paul wrote:
There is a maximum length of a single paragraph that has been
mentioned on this list in the past.  If what you are pasting is all a
single paragraph then this could be the case. Try breaking up the
paragraph earlier on and see what happens.

One suggestion I would have is when you paste from the web, select
edit > paste special and select unformatted text and see what happens.

HTH, /paul