From: "Ludovic Coumétou (aka Coume)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [users] 1.9.95-quickstart icon

> Salut Bernard,
>
> I cannot speak about Windows but under linux the quickstart option is
> not there anymore, so I guess that it is the same for Windows...
> IIRC, there is a bug to ask to the Dev to re-add the quickstart option,
> so stay tune for one of the following release.
>
> HTH but the above assumption proved to be wrong, do not hesitate to
> correct me!

Ludovic

The quick start for Windows is there in spades in 1.9.95, but
that version eats most of the CPU under both Windows and
Linux. Slows my Windows XP system annoyingly.

As for Linux, the OO.o team apparently did not provide a
"quick-start"  to preload necessary libraries, so Linux OO.o
loads slowly. Someone wrote both Gnome and KDE "quick-
start" applets.

Could you please clarify for me -- Is it the case that you didn't
know about the Linux add-in "quick starter" applications? Or
do you have the Linux "quick starter," but the authors of the
"quick-starter" add-in not provide such an option?

There are other ways to get OO.o to start up more quickly
under Linux: Prelink OO.o or just start OO.o and suspend it.

Additionally, it is possible to write scripts that make specific
dynamic libraries load at boot [ok], or maybe at login [better].
I can't remember the detail right now. I'll be reading.

Warm Regards
David Teague
--
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is
being run by smart people who are putting