G. Roderick Singleton escribiÃ:

On Sat, 2005-04-23 at 09:55 +0200, forolinux wrote:

I have tried it but it doesn't wort until I close both documents, and opening the writer document again, but thanks anyway.

Sasa Kelecevic escribiÃ:

forolinux wrote:

G. Roderick Singleton escribiÃ:

\snip\

I have a spreadsheet with some fields(columns), Name, Address, Postal Code, Town, Country, and I want to use it with a writer document to make mail merge. I have then, a data source pointing this spreadsheet, and a writer document with this fields.
Then if I make a mail merge all works fine, but then, I change the fields value in the spreadsheet, and when I try to make a new mail merge it doesn't update the data, and show the same values.
In Tools > Options > writer > General, I have Update Automatically fields and Charts marked.

tools / options / data sources / connections
In list select ... calc.ODriver and unchek Enable pooling for this driver.
iIRC : Open table1 - update data in calc file - save calc file - open another table ie table2 - open table1 again.
This is not 100% solution but can help.
sasa k.

Try saving the calc doc and then update the writer doc. Closing and
opening in that manner indicates to me that it is likely that the new
data is not being seen. So ...

It doesn't work. I did it, and the push the 'update' button, in the mail merge dialog, disconnect, and reconnect with the data source in the same dialog, and clic the 'update all' option in the tools menu, and it doesn't work.
But it works if I close my documents and open them again, so I try some posibilities:
1) Modify the calc, *close *it and then open the writer -> ok
2) Modify the calc, *save *it and then open the writer -> ok
3) The same, but with the writer opened -> KO

Any idea?
This is weird.