Elsasser wrote:
My problem is NOT about relative vs absolute adresses of spreadsheet cells, but of URLs to which there is a hyperlink in a cell. I find nothing about that question in the OO User Guide.

In an open document, all links to files are absolute. When the document is saved, they are turned into relative links, relative to the directory into which you're saving.

This can be disabled in the options dialog, so the links are left absolute, but saving relative links is the default.

Niklas