Dan Lewis wrote:
On Wednesday 04 May 2005 02:45 am, Bosman Olivier wrote:

Hi,

I run Open Office on a linux machine and want to save my work on the
A: drive. I do not get the option to choose directories where to save
my work. Trying the same in Windows there is no problem.

Bosman Olivier

The A: drive in Linux is /mnt/floppy/. If you want to save all of your work on floppy disks, you need to change the OOo setting. To do so:
Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org > Paths. Edit the "My Documents" path to /mnt/floppy/. Then the default path for saving files will be your floppy drive. Convention: Tools > Options > .... means to select each of these in the order listed. Clicking on Tools opens a dropdown list with Options as the last choice.

Dan

You will also have to mount your floppy before you can save to it. Depending on the version of Linux you are using, this could be automatic.

Also, don't forget to unmount your floppy before ejecting it. If you don't, you could lose all the data on it. This can be as easy as right clicking on the floppy icon on your desktop and clicking on eject or unmount.

--
Robin Laing