On Wednesday 04 May 2005 18:48, + Jill Eckstone wrote:
> I have had several issues with open office that I am PRAYING you can help
> with. I am sure it is a user problem more than a program problem.
>  1. Sometimes when I save a text document and then try and open it back
> up...I am being asked what program I want to open the document up
> in....when I say openoffice...it won't open it.
>  2. Working with columns. On occassion after I have preset the margins
> (left and right to .3, top an dbottom to .5), and I change the columns
> widths to 2.8 (for a 3 column page) and the spacing to a 1, save and then
> re-open, my margins and columns are all messed up again. HELP..
>  That's it for now, I don't want to drive you nuts :)

Hi Jill,
 I hope that I can help.
What version of OpenOffice.org are you using ?
The latest version is 1.1.4 which you can get from
http://download.openoffice.org/1.1.4/

For problem 1, do you change the file extention or accept the default ?
What "file type" do you normally use ?

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor