On Wednesday 04 May 2005 10:15, + Pamela Sidney wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ********************
> Dear Users Open Office,
> I am having trouble opening my documents.
> The document I want to open is clicked, & commences opening, only  to
> freeze when it gets to the blue page, just before it should open.
> I use Open Office 1.1.0
>
> I have just recieved a message:
>
> {Either another instance of Open Office.org is accessing your personal
> settings, or, your personal settings are locked.
> Similtaneous access can lead to inconsistencies in your personal settings.
> Before continuing, you should make sure user 'closes Open Office.org on
> host' Pamela.vic.bigpond.net.au'
> Do you really want to continue ?}
>
> Can suggest what I can do ?

Hi Pamela,
  It sounds as if there is a file called "lock" somewhere in the directories
"Application Data" or "Data and Settings" (or whatever that directory name is
on Windows).

Also note that you are using quite an old version of OpenOffice.org.
You can download the latest version of OpenOffice.org from
http://download.openoffice.org/1.1.4

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor