There is a menu to control this service: tools -> Options -> Load/Save -> VBA
Properties and see also the Microsoft Office Setting (next down) - this 2nd one
should have all check marks generally.

Also I always recomend that you save working drafts in a OpenOffice format file
and only save the final version in different formats (in this case xls) there
are some version control issues that sometimes come up and the Excel or Word
user might see things you don't want them to see - like typos.

Rob Winchester

--- Paul Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm editing some Excel workbooks in OOo 2.0.  Whenever I open the files,
> I get a warning of macros and a dialog to enable or disable them.
> Typically, I disable them.  Doesn't seem to make much difference since
> they don't function in OOo.  The spreadsheets always have an added sheet
> named VBA_0.  I have tried deleting the sheet and also working through
> the OOo macro editor but I cannot seem to get rid of these macros.  When
> I reload the workbook, both the macro warning and the VBA sheet are
> there again.  Since I am continually reopening and modifying data, I
> would like to get rid of the macros.
>
> I don't want to go to another format because the macros were there to
> create some formatting that Excel doesn't normally have.  I created the
> first sheet as an ods file, but it turns out that OOo can handle more
> text in a cell than Excel.  And I have to deliver the finished product
> to an Excel user.  One of the angels at WOPR Lounge provided the macro
> to modify the formatting and I don't want to lose that now.  But I would
> like to get rid of the macros themselves.
>
> I guess I could take them back to the Excel machine but it would be nice
> to get rid of them here.

Rob Winchester
Download OpenOffice today!