What I would try is to use one single edition to write different texts. I am using my OO for texts with different alphabets, but always with the French version. Of course, if you want to allow the use of OOto someone who cannot read Hebrew characters, this solution is not the right one.
M.

Yehoshua Wertheimer a écrit :

I love my OpenOffice  1.1.2. I have two questions:

1) Is it possible for me to possess simultaneously both the Hebrew edition and the English edition of OpenOffice on my computer, and how? I have not as yet suceeded in doing this. It seems that when I download the second edition it replaces the existing one.

2) I would like to split an OpenOffice document page into two columns, running an English text down the left side of the page and the corresponding Hebrew translation down the right side of the page. I would like to do this over a number of pages but I have not yet succeeded.

Thank you,

Yehoshua