Dear All,

I'd be grateful for advice about this. If we can crack this problem for
one language, the same technique can probably work for others.

I'm using 00 1.9.100 under XP, with all the Service Packs and updates
installed, bang up to date as of this morning.

The excellent Code2000 font contains OpenType features for the Mongolian
Traditional alphabet, which my university teaches, so it's very
important here. I am responsible for supporting such things, so it's
important for me, too.

OO is the only software I've found that displays Unicode Mongolian in
proper vertical columns, running left to right, so it's ideal for the
job, which also provides an opportunity to introduce OO in a
high-profile role and get some publicity.

However, I can't get OO to display the Mongolian characters "joined
together", i.e. using the OpenType commands that are encoded in the font
to perform the substitutions so that the same character has different
forms at the beginning, in the middle and at the end of a word.

Arabic and similar languages depend on OpenType features, and they
display correctly in OO, so it's obviously possible.

I've managed to get correct OpenType display of Mongolian in one small
corner of Word For Windows 2003, so the system settings seem to be
correct and working. That leads me to suspect that there should be some
option within OO, i.e. that the missing feature needs to be set in the
application, rather than in the operating system.

Mongolian isn't explicitly listed, as  far as I can see.

A) Does anyone know if it is listed anywhere in OO options?

B) Is there some way of using a "User Defined" language setting as a
work-around?

Any ideas would be very welcome.

Alec McAllister