At least in OOo 1.1.4, you can get longer hyphens as well (and I can't
see why this would have changed in later versions).
The problem is that the standard keyboards do not include them. So you
have to insert them via the Insert > Special Character menu, or use the
Unicode numbers: type Alt + 0150 for a somewhat longer hyphen ("n-dash")
or Alt + 0151 for a very long one ("m-dash").
I have not found any keyboard shortcuts for the dashes, but you should
be able to define them via Tools > Customize (is it called like this?
I'm using a French version of OOo), again using the Unicode numbers.

*Horst Gerbig*

Arlon
_Belgium_

GSM:
Email:

+352-091-65 21 18
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hardeep Singh Rai a écrit :

>In open office "hyphen" produces very small hyphen. Normally word
>processor/ text processing softwares have facility to produce "Large
>hyphen"; How this is done in OO writer.

---
avast! Antivirus: message Sortant propre.
Base de donnÚes des virus (VPS): 0519-2, 12/05/2005
Test du: 15/05/2005 18:49:28