Actually, if you want other people to use MS Word to read your files, you have to save them in MS Word format ("Save as..."). If your files are somewhat complex (tables, macros...), you should verify what happens to the files when they are converted to MS Word. Sometimes the page breaks, places of images etc. Will be slightly changed.
Try it.
Marc

Peter Kupfer OOo a écrit :

mkkannan wrote:

When we download Open Office all original MS Word, MS Excel and Powerpoint documents get converted to Open Office. Now if we continue with Open Office and we have to send a document by e mail to someone else who uses on MS Office, can that person open the Open Office document in MS Office? MK Kannan

I have a sneaky suspicion that they files were not change. I bet the extension is still .doc or .xls. What happened now is that the MSOffice files are now opened by default in OOo. This was an option that is selected during start up. To change the file associations back, please follow these instructions:

<http://openoffice.peschtra.com/tips/ooo_change_file_extension.html>

Additionally, sending MSO files via e-mail is never a good idea.

<http://www.goldmark.org/netrants/no-word/attach.html>

HTH,