Nat Gross said the following on 5/24/2005 11:38 AM:

With Java/jdbc I can connect to two different databases simultaneously and copy rows to/from each other. No need to export-import. Since, as you pointed out, a spreadsheet is synonymous with a database (and since ooo so eloquently treats it as such in the 'base' module), I was hoping that there was a simpler way to get data over.

I really don't think it comes much simpler than that. Export to .csv, then import to database. As others have pointed out, you would have to do this for each table, but it's pretty much an automated process from the database end. I regularly import/export between OOCalc, MSExcel, and MSAccess, with occassional excursions into dBase, and bulk transfers go quite smoothly.

Brian