emf wrote:
How do I customize the Status toolbar (the one at the bottom of the window) in the OOWriter so that it will show the position of the cursor (Page, Line, Position on the line) like in WP? ...

While I respect the fact that many people ask for this feature, I have yet to hear a convincing argument the the information is actually necessary.

Yes, some people are comfortable with creating a document layout working from the cursor position, but that seems to me a difficult and primitive way to do the job, given Writer's support for exact margins and indents by simply entering a distance.

Even reading the position from the ruler would be preferable to using a cursor position--as far as I can see.

Can anyone help me understand exactly what the cursor position is needed for?

<Joe