To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:12 AM
Subject: Re: [users] Calc to Excel conversion challenge.?

2008/9/11 James Elliott - WA Rural Computers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have a Calc spreadsheet bookkeeping system which works well for me.  I
need to save it in Excel format to send to my accountant. When I do this, there are no problems with the sheets which detail my differing bank account and credit card transaction lists, but the most important page, the REPORT
PAGE, does not work.

On this report page you enter a start date and an end date and totals
for differing categories, within that date range, are displayed. In Calc,
I use the SUMPRODUCT formula, as in this example:

=SUMPRODUCT(chqDEBIT, chqCODE="b", chqDATE>=$D$4, chqDATE<=$D$5)

where this formula adds up all the cheque account DEBITS where the category code is "b" and the transaction falls between the Start Date D4 and the End
Date D5

Excel does have a SUMPRODUCT( ) formula but my Calc version of SUMPRODUCT
formula does not work in Excel.

If anyone can educate me on why the Calc version of SUMPRODUCT does not
work in Excel, and what I have to do to make it work, I would be very much
obliged.

Many thanks,  James

Errrm. Brian Barker answered this several hours ago. Have you not seen his
reply?

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England