You need to check the settings in tools -> Options -> OpenOffice.org -> Print

--- Randomthots <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hardeep Singh Rai wrote:
> > I prwpared a advertisement in openoffice writer on MS windows. The
> > agaent want it in jpeg with resolution of > 300.
> >
> > What will be the right path. Right "tool" and exact syntax of command is
> > requested.
> >
> > I exported it to pdf on MS window. Then using that PDF file on Linux, I
> > tried "convert" and pdftopbm, but I could not get high resolution. I
> > could get 75 dpi. If I try more resolution or size quality is not fit
> > for printing.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >

> I've played with this kind of thing before, so try this:
>
> 1. Export to pdf selecting "Press Optimized" resolution. You have to
> export through the File -> Export menu to do that; you can't use the
> toolbar button.
>
> 2. Open the resulting pdf using Acrobat Reader, version 6 at least (I
> don't know if anything older will work, but it might).
>
> 3. Set the zoom to 400%.
>
> 4. Click on the "Snapshot" tool. The cursor turns into a cross-hair and
> if you put it in the upper left corner and click-drag it you will define
> a box. It will be awkward with the zoom, but select the whole page.
>
> 5. When you release the mouse button an image of the page will be stored
> on the clipboard in bitmap format.
>
> 6. Paste that into something like Gimp or Photoshop that will let you
> convert from bitmap to jpeg.
>
> The snapshot tool creates a bitmap at the current screen resolution, so
> that's why you have to use the zoom. The higher the zoom, the higher the
> resolution.
>
> HTH
>
> Rod

Rob Winchester
OpenOffice

"Grove giveth and Gates taketh away."
    - Bob Metcalfe (inventor of Ethernet) on the trend of hardware speedups not
being able to keep up with software demands

This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information.   Unauthorized review, use, disclosure
or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
message.