hi,

so i will try out this RC1. i used this file:

http://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/MacOSX/3.0.0rc1/OOo_3.0.0rc1_MacOSXIntel_install_de.dmg

do i need any other files from that directory?

thanks.

Am 18.09.2008 um 13:30 schrieb Guy Voets:

2008/9/18 [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

hi,

thanks for replying. so my current Mac OS version 10.5.5 is the Aqua
version? and OOo wont work with it?  so i should use the RC 1 (
http://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/MacOSX/) meanwhile? and if i save may docs very often, it should be ok? do you know when the OOo for
Aqua will be released?

Hello,

The UI (User Interface) of Mac OS is called Aqua, and the Mac porting team has been busy the last months (years?) to make a version of OpenOffice.org that functions directly through this UI and has a 'look and feel' like it. The older version of OOo that uses the X11 windowing program to make OOo 'visible' on Mac is still functioning, but apparently, the last Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5) update comes with a version of X11 that doesn't let OOo function
properly...
The official release of OOo 3.0.0 is expected in the next few weeks, as soon as it has passed QA testing. Hopefully the Mac Aqua version will pass those
tests succesfully!
In the meanwhile, the RC1 is quite OK, with the precautions I already
mentioned.

--
Guy
using dutch OOo Aqua 3.0.0 RC1 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger