Cor Nouws wrote:
Hi Joe,

JOE Conner wrote (2-10-2008 1:15)
Cor Nouws wrote:

Working with times and numbers.
Column F is the result of hours*tarif

A      B       C       D      F

12:00  14:00   A-B     25     D*C*24
[...]
However
20:00  20:00   0O:00   25      0,0

I did some other trials, but am a bit lost here.

Incorporate a date along with the time, then the subtraction will always work.

I thought about that. But I think the data will be visible as well, plus that I do not want to bother people with entering the date.
Or do I miss something here?

I've created something with two helper columns in the mean time. Something that works both in Calc and in Excel. (I'm by far no spreadsheet expert. But would it be useful to post something like that as an example on the OOo forum?)

Regards,
Cor

I can address the visibility issue, that is merely a function of the format of the cell. Just format it in the particular time display that you choose. As to the data entry issue, the entry format to put the date and time into a cell is to type in (depending on local settings, in USA it is:) "MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS.SSS" without the quotes. Perhaps building an input form with a persistent YYYY window would help in the data entry but that is above my level of spreadsheet abilities at the moment. I have seen it done, but I cannot build it myself without delving much deeper. Perhaps I should do so anyway.

Joe Conner, Poulsbo, WA USA