Delete [EMAIL PROTECTED] from your list.

----- Original Message ----
From: Andis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: users@openoffice.org
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2008 4:04:00 PM
Subject: [users] Is there Calc function to chose variable from the table on the
base of 2 search criteria in the first row and the column?

Hello!

I'm looking if there is easy possibility to chose variable from the
table, like in example below, to use in calculations is another table.

I have table like this, but much longer, to chose variables from:
*Average height (m)*     *Aspen*     *Grey alder
*     *Birch*
1     2000     2000     2000
2     1800     1800     1800
3     1600     1600     1600
4     1600     1600     1600
5     1600     1600     1600
6     1600     1600     1600
7     1500     1600     1500
8     1400     1500     1400
9     1300     1500     1300
10     1200     1500     1200
11     1100     1300     1100

And I have another table with the results of forest inventory, which
contains columns specie and average height, besides other 245 variables.
I need additional column with some kind of lookup field, where according
to a specie and average tree height I can see regulatory numbers of
trees (values in the first table). For instance if the main specie is
Aspen and average height of trees is 10 m, regulatory number of trees
should be 1200.

What are the options to do it, preferably using array functions?

Sincerely,

Andis