Top posting.

OpenOffice.org does not have way of replacing with a newline character.
To get around this problem and some others in Search and Replace I have
written a macro - IannzFindReplace (all my macros are free, open source
and there are no ads or popups on the web site):
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/hillview/OOo/

Thanks, Ian