Doug Hernandez wrote:
G'day.

I've been b-doinking with Base for a week now, installing it on Fedora
Core 4t2 and WinXP both.  On any of the systems I've tried, I haven't
been able to get it to do anything.  Even if I create a native DB
(which I've done several times) I find I can't connect to the data
source.

I'd like to learn to use it as well as I can use MySQL, but can't even
seem to get off the ground. What do I need to do to create a native DB
and actually access it?  How can I connect it to a MySQL DB?

Any help provided would be appreciated.  I'm sure I haven't given
enough details, but I'm not entirely certain which details you want.

You may want to have a look at this file:

http://oooauthors.org/en/authors/userguide2/gettingstarted/draft_pub/0110GS-GettingStartedWithBase.pdf

This is from the OOo Authors group. I know there is a need for help in the Base department, and you sound fairly knowledgeable. If this document gets you started and you have some time to help, we would love to have you aboard.

HTH,

--
Peter Kupfer -- Using OOo since 'OO4 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Want to help? http://www.oooauthors.org