2008/10/10 Dan Klinglesmith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On Oct 10, 2008, at 12:23 PM, M Henri Day wrote:
>
>  2008/10/10 Julio Sotolongo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>>  Has 3.0 been released? It is listed on this site, but not on the official
>>> ooo site.
>>> http://www.filehippo.com/
>>>

>> Looks like it - are we always the last to know ?...
>>
>> Henri
>>

> OOo 3.0 is still in Beta. It has not been released as of yet. word on the
> street is it should be final later this month.
>
> the latest Release Candidate is OOo 3.0rc4 which is available from the link
> above as well as http://www.openoffice.org.

Dan, if you look more closely at the web page to which Julio provides a
link, I think you will discover that, in addition to the RC4 (which is
placed in the list of «Old Versions», FileHippo offers readers a download of
what they call «OpenOffice.org 3.0.0». If one clicks the download button,
one is invited to save a «OOo_3.0.0_Win32Intel_install_en-US.exe» file to
one's machine....

Henri