On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 19:11, web at work wrote:

> What tools?

For human translation:
* Omega T+;
* OpenLanguage Toolset;
* Translate Toolkit;
* Anaphraseus;

I've forgotten the other one.  (Macro that is mainly to ensure that
one tranlsates the same phrase identically, across documents.);

> I am looking for a good "get the gist" package.

I don't remember the name of it, but it worked basically like
"translation panel" does in Firefox.  Copy text to it, select the
language pair, and let Babelfish do the translation. :(   It was
released about the time that OOo 1.1.3-ZA was released.

I had a commercial translation package for MSO97, whose results were
roughly comparable to OOo and the extension.  (Ignoring that the OOo
extension included more language pairs, that is.)

xan

jonathon