I am trying to paste graphs produced by the statistics program R, into
OOo (v3 and neoOffice). They paste as high quality charts into Pages
and Word 2008, but are fuzzy and unusable in OOo.

I can export the graphs as PDFs, but it seems that OOo won't allow me
to insert PDFs.  I can export the graphs as something else (with a bit
of a hassle) or I can just use Word or Pages, but I would rather use
OOo.  Is there some obvious solution to this.

Thanks,

Graham