On Tuesday 21 October 2008 23:14:29 Carlos Joel wrote:
> Calc is converting
> your number to a date becuase it sees 3 diferent numbers separated by a
> dot, and it asumes it must be something like a date because a date has this
> kind of format MM.DD.AA and your number looks like a date OCT-13-2008, I
> think a human being could interpret that number as a date also

Out of interest, I just wrote 13.10.08 out on a piece of paper and showed it
to my husband.  I changed the order to British date order, because to be a
true test, there had to be a chance that he would (mis?)interpret it.  I
handed it to him and simply said: "What does that say?"  His reply?  "13th
October 2008".

So yes, a human being could interpret it as a date.

Lisi