Remember to keep the list copied in on all emails to ensure that other
people can assist...

I've just tried your steps in 1.1.4. I can do what your expecting to
happen in calc (ie, the dialog box allows me to choose only 'format')
but the same is not true in writer.

Were you previously doing the steps you outlined below in writer, or
was it in calc??

If it was in writer, then maybe someone else can assist in advising
what happened in previous versions of OOo (I can't remember how it
worked < 1.1.4).

One suggestion, which I alluded to before, is that this problem is
largely replaced by the format painter in 2.0 - if your gaim give it a
go..

/paul