> Drew Jensen wrote:
>>> From: john d. herron [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>
>>> When you launch OpenOffice.org 3.0, the first thing that appears is
>>> a switchboard, i.e. a dialog box with icons that allow the user to
>>> open an application or document of his choice.
>>> My question: does anyone know whether there is a any way to
>>> eliminate (or disable) this chooser? there's nothing about it in
>>> the help file. Thanks.
>>>

>> Short answer is - NO, there is not way currently to disable that.
>>

> Perhaps I'm missing something.  I run OOo 3 on both OpenSUSE and
> Windows.  I can start up something similar to what he describes,
> though I've never seen it called "switchboard".  However, it is
> entirely possible to start up individual components by using the
> appropriate icon or quickstarter.  What's to disable?  If you don't
> want that function, use a different icon.

Right; each component, with the exception of the templates, etc. buttons
inthe lower right are separate programs and all that openign app does is
allow yu to  select one and start it, based on which button you choose.
You can create shortcuts to any of the individual programs that are
listed there and use those to start the app instead.