I wonder if there is something strange in the Powerpoint file.

The orginal is a set of slides all in Ariel font with pictures (in
Powerpoint).
If I open the file in OpenOffice all slides display correctly.

If I insert the file into a newly created presentation
(with master slide showing all Ariel fonts and default fonts all Ariel),
all but one of the slides now has Times New Roman text. Side 7 of 23 is
still Ariel!

Richard