>> Thank you for answering my question. I've been reading your e-book
>about Base and found a lot of stuff about connecting to an external base. >But
>question remains : If I automatically (like via an autostart macro) >connect to
>my three databases, will they appear in Base's GUI ?
>

>No. If you want to use the data from multiple connections, I expect that
>you would need to manually set data in the GUI. I might be wrong, of
>course. Drew can probably speak authoritatively to this (If you compare
>what he understands about base to what I understand, I am not worthy to
>polish his shoes - and he is a nice guy <grin>).

>> By the way, I've also been trying to change the connection string to
>use something like
>"jdbc:as400://server_ip/base1;jdbc:as400://server_ip/base2" (i've
>tried several syntaxes), but I have an error msg saying that the extra
>connection parameters are ignored. Am I missing something or is it >specific to
>OOo Base ?
>

>Ummm. Ummmm. I needed to look that up.... You are setting
>protocol to jdbc
>sub-protocol to as400
>
>Is that a valid sub-protocol?

"jdbc:as400://server_ip/base1" is a correct string to connect Base to an AS400
via JDBC. I tested it several times and it works, at least enough to show you
one base. But as I said, I read somewhere that you could overload the
connection string by specifing several bases/connection at the same time. I was
trying to figure out how, but I guess OpenOffice just drops the rest of the
string, as I get a "extra connection informations discarded".

Thanks for taking some time to answer me. I didn't answer right away to your
last e-mail, because I was busy trying another approach : I installed the AS400
ODBC driver and extra softwares and I set up an ODBC connection using this
piece of software. If you want to use several databases at the same time in
Base, just create a new ODBC connection (user or system) and you can specify
the main base, and the extra bases you want to connect to, separated by
whitespaces.
Then, if you create a new database using this new ODBC connection, you'll see
all the bases you specified.

I wish I could have used the JDBC driver, but it seems less complete than the
ODBC one. I don't know if anyone have or will have this kind of problem, but
just in case, I wanted to post this message.

Thanks

B.