David Bowman wrote:
I just updated my dictionary (English) and now it shows all text as being misspelled. Please let me know what happened and how to fix it. I am using XP/sp3 and OOo3.

David Bowman

Hi David

This usually comes from the text language setting not matching the dictionary setting. Are you sure you used the same English dialect - can be US, GB, CA, AU, etc.

If you right click in a paragraph, go to "Edit Paragraph Style" and select the "Font" tab, the language setting will be shown in a box, and should have a small ABC with a check mark (tick) to indicate there is a dictionary to match.

Then look in "Tools - Options-Language Settings-Languages and see that the language setting there matches. Again the presence of a dictionary is indicated by a small ABC with a check mark (tick).

HTH

Russell