> Well, I looked at Scribus but downloading it seems to be rather
> complicated.

Go to this link:
http://www.scribus.net/?q=taxonomy/term/36

Scroll down to "Scribus on Windows How-to"

Click on each of these links (just below that line) to download a
program:

"Scribus for Windows (TM) installer" and Ghostscript 8.60+ installer"

Install the Ghostscript program first and then the Scribus program. Yes,
I know that the How-to page says 2 or 3 times that the order of
installation is not important...but there is a line on that page that
recommends installing the Ghostscript program first.

> If the program itself operates anything like this, I sure don't want
> it!!! :(

Now, you can decide if you want to use.