Am Dienstag, 31. Mai 2005 02:09 schrieb Andrew Greig:
> Hi all,
>
> In a previous post I mentioned my fustration at discovering that 2.0
> Beta installs to /opt by default.  I have insufficient room in my /
> dir to allow it to do so, and in fact the install failed for that
> very reason.  I have tried to reinstall with the command  # rpm ivh
> --prefix /usr/local *.rpm but it will not allow me to do so as the
> --prefix option is only to be used on "new installs".  I have used mc
> to search for any instances of files relating to the previous attempt
> and have deleted everything with "openofficeorg" in the filename.  I
> have cleaned out /opt but have no idea what could be causing my
> problem.  If I can get back to a truly clean state then I can install
> OOo 2.0 Beta in /usr/local which is a partition I have set aside for
> such programs.  I am running Mandrake 10.1 Power Pack.  How do I
> determine which files are preventing me from doing this?

OOo 2 is a different package to OOo 1 in order to allow both packages
installed at the same time.

If you're short in hd space, just erase one package (rpm -e). It
typically does a better job of erasing the files, than manual attempts
do, and keep your rpm database consistent.

I've no idea, why relocation doesn't work for you, but I also never
tried to do so..

Hth,
        Pete