From: Jacek Artymiak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2008 12:21 AM
To: users@openoffice.org
Subject: Re: [users] Setting Page Sizes for Book Publishing

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 3:00 AM, VLM TechSubs
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working with my congregation to publish a book. The finished page
> size we wish to use is 7x9. As I see it, we have two options:
>
> 1. Set the document page size to 7x9, or

This is the correct way of doing it.

> I'm wondering if anyone here has used OO Writer for a self-published book.
> If so, which approach did you take to accommodate your page size? What
> were the benefits and drawbacks of the approach you took?

I am doing it on a regular basis with LightningSource and Amazon.com
(CreateSpace). I am happy with the results, but as always you have to have
an audience hungry for your book. When you have fans waiting for your work,
you will make more money that you would ever do going the traditional
publishing route. When you don't have a market, well...

I would recommend that you get two books:

The Chicago Manual of Style (15th ed.)
It's available on-line http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/home.html
but I would recommend that you get the print edition anyway.

1000 Ways to Market your Book
http://www.bookmarket.com/1001ways.html

OpenOffice.org is an excellent choice for a self-publisher, you can easily
re-purpose your content using OO.org to publish ebooks, mobile content, etc.
I swear by it.

--
Jacek Artymiak