At 20:17 05/12/2008 -0700, Walter Hildebrandt wrote:
On a WindowsXP computer I updated to 3.0. Before updating my text documents appeared properly on the screen. Now when I open a text documents the page is partly out of view. I have to use the scrolling at the bottom of the screen to move the page over to the left so that the page is center on the screen and all of the page can be seen. When I close the text file that has the pages properly center and open that file, the page again is not centered. How do I get the pages to stay properly centered?

You are talking, of course, not about the presentation of your documents themselves but merely of their display within OpenOffice. My experience is that the viewing settings sometimes change as a result of displaying a different document, perhaps one with a different page size, and are then remembered by OpenOffice for subsequent documents and need to be reset if that is what you prefer.

Go to View | Zoom... and select the settings you prefer. I find that sometimes the settings there appear to be correct but the display is not. In that case, you may need to change the settings to something else and then change them back again in order to return to the view you need.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker