Robert Holtzman wrote:
On Sat, 6 Dec 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Sirs:
How do I remove the OpenOffice.org suite from my computer? I find the constant updates objectionable.

Would you rather run software that has uncorrected bugs and/or security holes? BTW, that applies to all software, not just OpenOffice.

One more thing. You posted your personal information to a mailing list that is distributed and cached around the world.

Did you realize that the update feature can be turned off? TOOLS - OPTIONS - OPENOFFICE.ORG - ONLINE UPDATE - (Uncheck "Check for updates automatically" and also uncheck "Download updates automatically.")

I hope this removes your objections and you continue to find OpenOffice.org useful.

Joe Conner, Poulsbo, WA USA