2008/12/10 John E. Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I am working Apple iMac Intel 10.5.5 Leopard  with Open Office org.3
>
> Over days Text Document became impossible to use even opening 'Recent
> Documents' caused the whole programme to freeze. It was difficult to to
> Close OOo.3 although, I could use other programms Safari - Mail etc.
>
>  Closing became a major problem - the little gayly colored catherine wheel
> of my  frustration would begin to whirl -' Quit' and even 'Force Quit' would
> not Close it and       eventually there was nothing for it but to switch off
> directly at the mains.  However, in the early days - it seemed to be a
> progressive worsening thing -  I lost very little work but only by 'Saving'
> regularly.
>

> I moved to,'Writer' hoping a change of programme might make an improvement
> in overall performance - but it was much the same as Text Document. Writing
> a report in OOo.3 was also difficult, the letters in a word needing a
> correction, had their own mind - the page had a lack of normal page
> stability.
>
> Of late an number of Apple iMac users with the same update seem to be
> having similar difficulties. Could it be some incompatibility between them,
> Open Office org & Apple -  Microsoft have it all the time.
>
> Could it be a 'Bug'?
>
> Could it be the incompetence of t he user…. Me?
>
> I am writing this report in Apples iMac 'Pages'. because of the
> impossibility of posting by Open Office org 3.
>
> I do like the whole development and outlook of Open Office org. I'm very
> sympathetic to its ideals. The, 'User Support List' is both helpful and
> informative - in all, I can't praise it enough.
>
> Sure, I'm having some difficulties, but, if it wasn't this, it would be
> something else.  More power to your elbows and many thanks for the pleasure
> I've had from Open Office org. up to now,
>
> Kindest regards to all,
>
> & a very Happy Christmas,
>
> Jea

Hello John,

Text Document and Writer are one and the same component of OpenOffice.org
AFAIK.

The OOo 3.0.0 Aqua version is still quite young and not yet entirely
bugfree. This is getting better with the milestones that come out and
certainly with the next 'small' release in January.
There is a known bug with the rescue after crash possibilities (it gives you
the last manually saved version instead of the last auto-backup).

For the moment, I use the m12 on my Tiger intel iMac - there's a m13
available already.
See Good Day for this intermediate releases. The people of the Mac team
always advise against using these unofficial versions in a production
environment, but in general they perform better that the official 3.0.0
release.
http://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/MacOSX/Dev_OOO300_m13/
look for the
OOo_Dev_OOO300_m13_MacOSXIntel_install.dmg<http://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/MacOSX/Dev_OOO300_m13/OOo_Dev_OOO300_m13_MacOSXIntel_install.dmg>
if you want the US-english version (lots of other GUI-language versions
available here)

Good luck
--
Guy
using dutch OOo Aqua 3.0.0 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger