Harold Fuchs wrote:
2008/12/11 Barbara Duprey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Victor Svedberg wrote:

Howdy!

I would like to change back so whenever i typ Calc in the serachfield on
Start Menu in Windows Vista 64Bit SP1 the Calculator starts instead of Open
Office Calc. All help appriciated

Best regards,
Victor Svedberg

When I do this on Vista Home Premium, it offers me a choice of the two
programs -- nothing actually starts unless I hit Enter, and then it's Calc
because it's the first thing listed. I don't know how the order is
determined (maybe alphabetic by path name?), but if you click on Calculator
that's what will start. Close enough? Or you can try calcu as the search
term and then Enter. (Thanks, by the way -- I'd never tried this!)

Instead of all this typing and searching, why not just create a shortcut to
the calculator and put it on the "quick launch" bar or whatever it's called
in Vista? That way you only have to make a single click to start the
calculator.

Or if the OP really likes the search method for opening the calculator (as opposed to OpenOffice Calc), he only needs to type one additional letter. Do a search for Calcu instead of Calc, and then the calculator will be the only thing found by the search. (I have Vista and verified that this indeed does work.)