John Boyle wrote:
> To ALL,  including James Knott, *MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A BLESSED NEW
> YEAR!!!!!!!! :-) *

In view of the fact that the church "borrowed" pagan or Roman holidays
and called them Christmas, Happy Saturnalia.  Might as well celebrate
the original, instead of the hijacked version.  Or perhaps celebrate
Yule if you desire.  Both of these are based on the winter solstice,
which the church then stole and passed off as "Christ's" birthday, to
make it easier for "pagans" to convert.  The ancient Britons at
Stonehenge seemed to be a bit interested in the solstice too, a couple
of thousand or so years before Christ (if he even existed).  Do a bit
more research and you'll find the whole nativity scene, virgin birth
etc., to be just some more nonsense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturnalia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule

Gotta run.  I have to decide who I'm going to sacrifice for the
holidays.  ;-)