On 19/12/2008 14:19, fiorenz...@alice.it wrote:

Please indicate if, before downloading Open Office, I have to uninstall Microsoft Office 2007 evaluation version I have on my computer. I would like to have some time to evaluate both.

Thank you and best regards.

fiorenz...@alice.it <mailto:fiorenz...@alice.it>

No, you don't.

When you install OpenOffice it will ask you if you want it to open Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents when you double-click them. Your choice, which you can always change later.

Don't forget that OpenOffice is completely free whereas you will have to pay if you want to use Microsoft Office after its evaluation period expires. The same is true for documentation and support.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England