I have recently installed OpenOffice 3 on Windows XP and am in the process
of porting templates across from MS Office.

Most of these have some VBA, and some have a LOT!

I've read and re-read whatever documentation I can find, but there seems to
be a lot of necessary information missing.

E.g. In VBA, to access the contents of a form field in a Word document, one
would do something like:-

    bidValue - ActiveDocument.FormFields("BidValue").Result

How would I do it in OpenOffice Basic? Is there a comprehensive, detailed
list of the objects in OpenOffice anywhere?

Then there are events, most of the information of which is in the
documentation, except - what are the properties of the Event object for the
Text modified event of a TextBox? And is there a property or method to
cancel the event?

Is there no code completion at all in the Basic editor? I really miss that.

Thanks for your attention, folks.