I guess I'm not all that concerned about who's giving what to whom. I find NeoOffice to be very stable and integrated in the OSX environment and OOO (pre-version 3) required use of the klunky X11 system. I tried OOO ver. 3 and found it buggy, prone to crashes, and worse, unkillable crashes. I also didn't find the differences between ver. 2 and ver. 3 on the Mac version to be all that compelling. That's why I'm not going to wrestle with OOO3. As stated earlier, I have neither the time or energy to wrestle with the flaws in the Mac OOO3. Needing to use a variety of ways to kill a program/process smacks of Microsoft, not GNU and open source.

As usual, your mileage may vary.